[XeTeX] Probleme with font Scheherazade and XeTeX 0.998.1

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Mon May 5 09:29:39 CEST 2008

HAF MED a écrit :
> Hello ;
>
> I juste update MikTeX 2.7 and I get a problem with the font
> Scheherazade "SIL"
>
> \documentclass[a4paper,11pt]{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \usepackage[novoc,fdf2noalif]{arabxetex}
> \newfontfamily\arabicfont[Script=Arabic,Scale=1,WordSpace=1]{Scheherazade}
> \begin{document}
> \begin{arab}
> كتاب
> \end{arab}
> \end{document}
>
> the arabic lettres is not assembled !
>
> I attache  the output pdf file.
>
> Thanks for help

On my TeXLive system your example compiles correctly. Do you have the
same problem with other Arabic fonts? The problem could be with the
xdvipdfmx binary in MikTeX, but I can't test it as I use Linux. Let's
see if another MikTeX user can reproduce this.

Does MikTeX 2.7 really provide XeTeX 0.998.1 ?? AFAIK it has not been
released! Current version should still be 0.997-dev.