[XeTeX] Minion Pro and Japanese text

Flavio Costa flaviocosta at yahoo.com.br
Sun May 4 00:26:12 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm typesetting an UTF-8 text with Adobe Minion Pro font (the one that comes with Acrobat Reader) and I have some Japanese kana/kanji on it. Instead of getting correct Japanese text, the glyphs are replaced by crossed rectangles. If I choose another font (IPAGothic), then the Japanese text is correctly displayed, but I would like to stick to Minion for the whole text.

Does anybody know why it doesn't work? I'm sending a minimal working example attached. I'm using MiKTeX 2.7 and running "xelatex mwe".

Thanks in advance,

Flavio Costa

http://br.mail.yahoo.com/