[XeTeX] xelatex and geometry

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Wed Mar 26 16:36:30 CET 2008

Am Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:22:01 +0000 schrieb Jonathan Kew:

> On 26 Mar 2008, at 3:15 pm, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>
>> Yes I can do this. But what's wrong with the geometry.cfg I suggested
>> which redefines \Gm at checkdrivers so that there is no longer a test for
>> \pdfoutput? Then \usepackage[dvixxx,...]{geometry} will issues
>> specials
>> when used with latex+dvixxx, and set \pdfpageheight+width when used
>> with
>> pdflatex or XeLaTeX.
>
> Won't that fail if you use pdflatex in DVI mode with a DVI-to-
> whatever driver?

No. First like in your geometry.cfg \Gm at checkdrivers is only redefined
for XeTeX:

\@ifundefined{XeTeXversion}{}{.....}%

Second the geometry.cfg is (at least in miktex) in tex\xelatex and isn't
found when pdflatex is used.

So you can be quite sure that with pdflatex the original definition of
\Gm at checkdrivers is used and there \usepackage[dvixxx,...]{geometry}
works fine in both modes.

--
Ulrike Fischer