[XeTeX] Pitstop does not identify the XeLaTeX PDF!

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Mar 26 12:42:09 CET 2008

Am 26.03.2008 um 11:54 schrieb Ambika Vanchinathan:
> Does that mean that TeXShop is using xdvipdfmx engine?

TeXShop uses none. Otherwise it would have been installed. It's you
who decides whether and which XeTeX related engine files are
installed in ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines and made available for
setting. Since the ("active" and inactive) names are different, you
can install all of them. I'd recommend to change the scripts in a way
that each one uses a specified output driver to prepared for the
update to XeTeX 0.97 in TeX Live 2008, coming this summer. It will
have xdvipdfmx as default output driver and xdv2pdf as an option on
Mac OS X.

By letting the file start with

	%%!TEX TS-program = XeLaTeX-xdvipdfmx
	%%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

or any other engine file's name, TeXShop instantly knows which engine
is to be used for this particular file.

--
Greetings

   Pete

                   Sorry my terrible English, my native language Lisp!