[XeTeX] Problems compiling xetex in cygwin

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Mar 25 17:21:13 CET 2008

On 25 Mar 2008, at 4:06 pm, Li Jian wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> First time posting, good to be in the group :)
>
> I've encountered some problems while compiling xetex 0.996 (Linux)
> under cygwin,

I don't know of anyone who's building xetex under cygwin at the
moment; I expect there will be some problems, but can't really offer
any advice as I don't have experience with that environment.

If anyone wishes to work on this -- or on building with mingw32,
without cygwin -- I'd welcome patches to support these systems. I'd
suggest that you base any such work on the current code from svn
trunk, though, not on 0.996 which is now quite old.