[XeTeX] Errors using gezhu.sty and dependencies to typeset testgezhu-xelatex.tex, testgezhu.tex, demo-vert-xelatex.tex, verttest-xelatex.tex

Yin Dian yindian at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 07:05:54 CET 2008

Hello David,

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 12:37 AM, David Rangel <dprangelito at gmail.com> wrote:

> XeLaTeX runs without error on testgezhu-xelatex.tex, however resulting text,
> though correctly
> typeset in vertical columns running right to left, uses horizontal Chinese
> characters:

That is what is intended. The document is horizontally positioned, not
vertically. I didn't change the output routine to rotate the pages. As
I said before, gezhu.sty does NOT do the vertical typesetting stuff.
It JUST add warichu support.

> Attempt to typeset "testgezhu.tex":
>
> xelatex testgezhu.tex

Well, testgezhu.tex is not intended to be compiled with xelatex. Just
use latex or pdflatex to compile it. It requires the CJK package and
related Chinese fonts in tfm to be installed, and dvipdfmx correctly
configured.

> Attempt to typeset "demo-vert-xelatex.tex":
>
> ABD: EveryShipout initializing macroskpathsea: Illegal fontname
> `[AdobeSongStd-Light': contains '['
>
> ! Font \zf at basefont=[AdobeSongStd-Light.otf] at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric
> (TF
> M) file or installed font not found.
> \zf at fontspec ...ntname \zf at suffix " at \f at size pt
>                                                   \unless \ifzf at icu
> \zf at set@...
> l.54 \haltskipscheme}

Well, at the time I wrote this I just had the Adobe Song font in my
$TEXMFLOCAL/fonts/opentype, not in the system font directory, so I
specified it in this way. You can change "[AdobeSongStd-Light.otf]" to
something like "Adobe Song Std" if you have installed it. Sorry for
the nonstandard way of specifying font.

> Attempt to typeset "verttest-xelatex.tex ":

The problem is the same as the above. Change the font definition part
and it will go through okay.

Regards.

-YIN Dian