[XeTeX] xdv2pdf (was Re: embolden bugs)

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Tue Mar 18 12:19:50 CET 2008

On Mar 17, 2008, at 6:58 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> Could you consider converting your .tif files to .png or .jpg (with
> high-quality settings) somewhere along the line? You'd have to do
> that to use them with pdftex, too, wouldn't you? (IIRC)

Certainly I'll fall back on that at need, but there are some instances
where the image is already a .tif and there're lots of reasons to
avoid changing it and making it into a .pdf isn't as flexible.
Filesizes come out smaller using xetex for some .tifs as well (if
memory serves, Bruno wrote up a lengthy description of one such
instance).

I'm fine w/ the maintenance until there's a showstopping reason to
discontinue it.

Thanks!

William

--