[XeTeX] embolden bugs

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 14:29:03 CET 2008

Hello,

I've run into some bugs with the new embolden font feature (not that I
want to use it, personally, but I understand why it's there).

***********
Problem #1:

Typeset this document with the commented lines uncommented one at a
time:

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\begin{document}
%\font\x="Charis SIL" at 12pt\x Hello
%\font\x="Charis SIL:embolden=0" at 12pt\x Hello
%\font\x="Charis SIL:embolden=0.0001" at 12pt\x Hello
\font\x="Charis SIL:embolden=0.001" at 12pt\x Hello
\font\x="Charis SIL:embolden=0.01" at 12pt\x Hello
\font\x="Charis SIL:embolden=0.1" at 12pt\x Hello
\font\x="Charis SIL:embolden=1" at 12pt\x Hello
\font\x="Charis SIL:embolden=10" at 12pt\x Hello
\end{document}

The output is different depending which one is uncommented: