[XeTeX] xetex and friends for fedora 8

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri Mar 14 18:14:06 CET 2008

>                                                                    But
> your suggestion of installing all of it and putting TeXLive binaries
> earlier in the path should do it

  I think it's the most robust solution, and a very simple one, too: you
don't even need to interact with Fedora's settings, you can simply put
TeX Live in /usr/local (which is the default, by the way).  I'm not root
on the machine where I made those experiments, but that wasn't a
hindrance (it only meant that I of course couldn't install things in
/usr/local, I simply put it in some private directory of mine).

>                                   Installing the whole thing isn't a
> problem for my Fedora desktop...it has 1TB of hard disk. :-)

  Happy you :-)

> I just found this link
> (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureTexLive#head-694fe23a06614cef1588905ead64d7f2cf9edd74)
> that gives all one needs to know about replacing teTeX with TeXLive on
> Fedora 8.

  I suppose it works (can't test it), but again, it's different from
what I did.

	Arthur