[XeTeX] Porting XeTeX

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 14:22:03 CET 2008

> Although, I am not using Plan 9, I do believe it is
> far better than the
> most popular operating system on Earth (but not on
> Mars:-). And  of

Well, for a lack of any proven extraterrestrial
civilization it would be the safe thing to assume that
the most popular OS on Earth is for all events and
purposes the most popular OS of the Universe. Although
I do admit that the mere thought of say, somebody
composing Vogon Poetry on MS Word is kind of
off-putting.

I don't know what the original poster's intentions are
for XeTeX on Plan9. It may well be for use in an
automated system (I know that there are vendors who
generate bills and invoices from databases with
pdfTeX, for instance), and in that case it's a wise
idea to shoot for the best instead of coming with some
half-way solution.

Wilfred

> *Apostolos Syropoulos
>          *
> *snail mail: 366, 28th October Str., GR-671 00
> Xanthi, HELLAS *
> *email     : asyropoulos (at) yahoo (dot) com
>                               *
> *phone num.: +30-2541-028704
>                                            *
> *home page : http://obelix.ee.duth.gr/~apostolo