[XeTeX] xdvipdfmx compilation (was: `BoldFont' feature for XeTeX?)

Alexey Kryukov anagnost at yandex.ru
Fri Mar 7 20:10:04 CET 2008

On Friday 07 March 2008, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> As building xdvipdfmx "standalone" has always been a bit of a pain,

BTW, I have just built xdvidfmx from sources on my SuSE 10.3 64 bit
in order to get a binary with symbol data and debug the problem
with my font I have recently reported. There were two problems
with the compilation:

-- the configure script could not detect freetype headers in
/usr/include/freetype2/freetype;

-- the directories with 32-bit libraries were preferred over
those containing the correct versions.

Finally I managed to compile xdvipdfmx with the following command
line:
$ LDFLAGS="-L/lib64 -L/usr/lib64 -L/lib -L/usr/lib" \
./configure --with-ft2include=/usr/include/freetype2

--
Regards,
Alexej Kryukov <anagnost at yandex dot ru>

Moscow State University
Historical Faculty