[XeTeX] (Off-topic ?) Installing OpenType fonts on linux

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri Mar 7 17:06:54 CET 2008

Jonathan Kew a écrit :
> On 7 Mar 2008, at 11:26 am, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
> I think it depends on the desktop environment you're using (KDE?
> Gnome? other?),

None, actually. I'm using WindowMaker as my wm without Gnome/KDE/XFCE...

> KDE and Gnome may provide GUI ways to view the available fonts (e.g,
> in Ubuntu Gutsy you can get there via System > Preferences >
> Appearance Preferences > Fonts > Details > Go to Fonts Folder), but
> the details may be different in your version.

Good idea. I just installed gnome-specimen wich is great for viewing and
comparing fonts. I also found the "opcion" font viewer on the internet (a Java
cross-platform free application) but since it isn't in Debian repositories,
and the webpage doesn't say if it works with OpenType , I didn't try to
install it. gnome-specimen does the job anyway.

Manuel.