[XeTeX] (Off-topic ?) Installing OpenType fonts on linux

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri Mar 7 12:26:55 CET 2008

Hi,

I just got a bunch of OpenType fonts from Adobe, and of course I'd like to use
them with XeTeX. As I understand, XeTeX can use OpenType form the operating
system, but the point is, I don't know how ton install fonts in my OS (Debian
GNU/Linux). Of course everything on Adobe's CD-ROM about installation is only
for MacOs or Windows.

I know this question isn't strictly related to XeTeX, but can anyone give me
some good hints (url for howtos, name of useful software, etc.) about
installing fonts on Linux ? And then how to name this fonts on XeTeX, and how
to know which OpenType features are available for a given font ?

Thanks !

Manuel.