[XeTeX] Problem using XeTeXinterchartoks

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Mar 3 22:34:22 CET 2008

On 3 Mar 2008, at 9:04 pm, Barry MacKichan wrote:

> I am having trouble using XeTeXinterchartoks. My TeX file is below,
> and the resulting PDF file is attached. The Chinese characters
> appear in the first line (showing that \zhfam is defined
> correctly), but in the second line, there is blank space where the
> Chinese characters should be. Any help would be appreciated, such
> as a correction of this file or a link to a complete working sample.

The first thing to check would be whether the characters involved
have the expected \XeTeXcharclass values; e.g., try inserting

   \showthe\XeTeXcharclass`多

in your document, and see if it reports 1.

If not, you'll need to rebuild the format with an updated unicode-
letters.tex file (see the xetex subversion repository); this
initializes a lot of characters based on the Unicode standard, though
you may still wish to add further definitions for particular purposes.

JK