[XeTeX] A native support for SVG

TeXWorld texworld at laposte.net
Sun Jun 29 21:49:54 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm a ConTeXt (and LaTeX too) user. When I want to make a vector
picture, I'm trying most of the time to use programs who can export
PGF/TikZ or PStricks.
A lot of users like me don't "program" their vector pictures and use
wysiwyg programs like Inkscape or Illustrator to generate PStricks ou
PGF/TikZ code. Of course whatever program used, we can
find a SVG export. SVG is the most spread and the most used format to
store vector pictures.

I request a native support for SVG in XeTeX and in LuaTeX, I think it
would be a great thing.
Of course when I want to include SVG pictures in my documents I can
convert them to pdf before but the problem is that labels and texts
won't be compiled : fonts will be wrong.

What do you think about this ? Do you think it's something possible ?