[XeTeX] non-breaking space in Sanskrit

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Sun Jun 22 18:26:39 CEST 2008

Hello François.

Le 22 juin 08 à 10:12, François Charette a écrit :

> I have just added the modification, but before committing, I'd like
> you
> to confirm that the punctuation marks you have in mind (in addition
> to ।
> and ॥) are ! ? ; and : (as with French).

Normally Sanskrit only has । and ॥. Some editions do use
punctuation marks borrowed from Latin script; though this is not the
best practice, you might want to take care of them in gloss-
sanskrit.ldf (after all it's up to the user to decide if he'll use
such punctuation marks or not); in that case I think they should be
preceded by a non-breaking space as well, as in French.

Best wishes,

Yves