[XeTeX] TECkit help

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Jun 19 12:36:29 CEST 2008

On 19 Jun 2008, at 11:20 am, Grzegorz Murzynowski wrote:

> Glen Wilson pisze:
>> Hello All,
>> I have been struggling all day trying to figure out how to map
>> s' (or something like that) to a long latin s (U+017f).
>
> It happens I have a map for long s. It maps just “s” occuring not
> at the end of a word and maps “ss” to “ß”.

Thanks for the response and example!

> I also introduced mappings that protect “Mendelssohn” and
> “Janssons” against
> ß ligature: $ssohn\mapsto ssohn$ and $sson\mapsto sson$. (The
> mapping does not process line by line, in which case
> $\ss ohn\mapsto ssohn$ would be appropriate, but probably uses the
> longest match, what I~infer from mappings -{}-${}\mapsto{}$-- and
> \emph{then, next line}, -{}-{}-${}\mapsto{}$---.

Right.

You can find some documentation in the source tree at xetex/libs/
teckit/doc. See TECkit_Language_2.1.doc.pdf for info about the
mapping description language.

> I~symbolically linked teckit_compile to \~/bin.

Yes. I think we'll add this to the tools installed by TL, so that
it's always available.

> The directory where the map file should be is something like
> ~/texmf/fonts/misc/xetex/fontmapping/

Yes, that works. XeTeX looks for mapping files in the current dir or
under $TEXMF/fonts/misc. (Well, strictly speaking it uses the
MISCFONTS path from texmf.cnf.)