[XeTeX] mapping=tex-text and weird ligatures

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 11:04:30 CEST 2008

On 18/06/2008, at 5:05 PM, James Cloos wrote:

> I can get [dashes] under X11 as well, using
> between the – and — glyphs in my editor’s font

Yes, this is SO frustrating. I wish that code editors would start
taking more notice of the various characters that they current have
incredibly poor support for (e.g., visible differences between the
large handful of different spacing glyphs in unicode, and so on).

I'd be very happy if the en-dash mapped to a 1.5-charwidth wide glyph
in a double-width character and the em-dash mapped to a full double-
width character. Or we could just stop using fixed width fonts for our
code :)

Will