[XeTeX] mapping=tex-text and weird ligatures

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Fri Jun 13 09:28:00 CEST 2008

Ulrike Fischer wrote:

>> Anyone on this list sharing the thoughts?
>
> I think it would be fine if these three where activated by default.
> (I need only -- and --- as I'm using csquotes for the quotes).

I'd agree.  The --/--- convention is very handy, as I don't imagine many
keyboards have a convenient key for these.  I'd also say that the
apostrophe convention is pretty hard-wired for a lot of people, given
that this is very much "part of TeX".  Unlike Ulrike, I stick with using
``/'' as I'm almost always writing in English, so again it is very useful.

Joseph Wright