[XeTeX] loosing some active characters

François Patte francois.patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr
Fri Jun 13 09:01:46 CEST 2008

Le 12.06.2008 23:38, Jonathan Kew a écrit :
| On 12 Jun 2008, at 2:29 pm, François Patte wrote:

|> Bonsoir,
|>
|> I used to type: --- in order to get a punctuation dash with latex.
|> This
|> is no more true with xelatex... Did I forgot something?
|
| That wasn't actually an "active character" in latex, it's a ligature
| in the traditional TeX fonts.

Sorry!

| If you're loading fonts in xelatex through fontspec, you want to
| apply the "tex-text" font mapping to provide this functionality:
|
|    \documentclass{....}
|    \usepackage{fontspec}
|    \setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{MyFontName}
|    ....etc...

OK. Thanks, this works if I load "MyFontName" explicitely but, if I do
not load any fonts as main fonts, and, so, use the default lmodern (as
far as I understand), this is without any effect (nor the following
instructions).

BTW I read in fontspec doc by Will Robertson: "If you don’t have the
Latin Modern OpenType fonts installed, you might want to consider doing so."

Where are these fonts available? A google search on Latin Modern OT,
does not give me some place where to download.

Thanks.

| Or to apply this to all fonts by default:
|
|    \documentclass{....}
|    \usepackage{fontspec}
|    \defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
|    \setmainfont{MyFontName}