[XeTeX] makeindex for unicode characters

Mehdi Omidali mehdioa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 10:26:54 CEST 2008

I use xelatex to write in persian with the arabxetex package and have a problem
in creating index. The problem is that makeindex sort the entries based on the
arabic order but there are 5 extra characters in persian that is not in arabic
alphabet. These characters are 067E, 0686, 0698, 06A9, and 06AF, which their
order are right after 0628, 062C, 0632, 0642, and 0643, respectively. My
question is: how can I make makeindex to sort the entries in a systematic way.
Sorry if here is not the right place to ask this question but I couldn't find
any help from the internet.