[XeTeX] PSTricks and XeTeX problem in Ubuntu Linux

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Jun 3 16:01:46 CEST 2008

On 3 Jun 2008, at 2:53 pm, VAFA KHALIGHI wrote:

> Thanks Mr. Kew and Mr. Kakuto
>
> Unfortunately I was unable to find dvipdfmx.cfg, but I went to
>  http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/languages/japanese/CJK/4.8.0/doc/
> pdfhowto/examples/dvipdfmx.cfg
>
>  and then put that dvipdfmx.cfg in /usr/share/texmf/dvipdfmx/config
>
> It works now and I have attached the pdf but the only thing is that
> I get lots of warnings like
>
> ** WARNING ** Couldn't open font map file "cmr.map".
> ** WARNING ** Couldn't open font map file "psbase14.map".
> ** WARNING ** Couldn't open font map file "lw35urw.map".
> ** WARNING ** Couldn't open font map file "cwtb.map".
> ** WARNING ** Couldn't open font map file "cwtf.map".
> ** WARNING ** Couldn't open font map file "cwtk.map".
> ** WARNING ** Couldn't open font map file "cwtm.map".
...etc.

Look at the end of the cfg file you just installed, and you'll find
that it lists lots of map files - I guess these are associated with
CJK fonts that you don't have installed. As you don't have the fonts,
you also don't have the map files. So simply remove all these from
that cfg file and the warnings will go away.

I believe the only map file that it should normally load by default
is cid-x.map.