[XeTeX] PSTricks and XeTeX problem in Ubuntu Linux

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Tue Jun 3 15:00:00 CEST 2008

Am Tue, 3 Jun 2008 22:16:17 +1000 schrieb VAFA KHALIGHI:

> I had installed texlive-full, then I compiled the latest version of XeTeX
> and installed it (XeTeX0.999.0 and xdvipdfmx0.7), then I copied all the
> folders and files in TRUNK/texmf in the relevent texlive directoris (then
> did texhash), but still can not use pstricks, I mean I can use it but there
> is no pstricks in the output, I tried

> ** WARNING ** Could not open config file "dvipdfmx.cfg".

As far as I know to be able to handle pstricks xelatex/xdvipdfmx has to
call ghostscript to convert the pictures on the fly. The necessary
command lines for ghostscript are declared in dvipdfmx.cfg.

E.g. my cfg contains (without line break):

%% GhostScript (Unix/Linux):
%D  "gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sPAPERSIZE=a0 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite
-dCompatibilityLevel=1.3 -dAutoFilterGrayImages=false
-dGrayImageFilter=/FlateEncode -dAutoFilterColorImages=false
-dColorImageFilter=/FlateEncode -dUseFlateCompression=true
-sOutputFile=%o %i -c quit"

%% GhostScript (Win32):
%D  "gswin32c -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sPAPERSIZE=a0 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite
-dCompatibilityLevel=1.3 -dAutoFilterGrayImages=false
-dGrayImageFilter=/FlateEncode -dAutoFilterColorImages=false
-dColorImageFilter=/FlateEncode -dUseFlateCompression=true
-sOutputFile=%o %i -c quit"

%% Use MiKTeX Ghostscript:
D  "mgs.exe -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sPAPERSIZE=a0 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite
-dCompatibilityLevel=1.3 -dAutoFilterGrayImages=false
-dGrayImageFilter=/FlateEncode -dAutoFilterColorImages=false
-dColorImageFilter=/FlateEncode -dUseFlateCompression=true
-sOutputFile=\"%o\" \"%i\" -c quit"

(last time I tried there were a problem on miktex so I don't know if the
commands are correct).

--
Ulrike Fischer