[XeTeX] problem with font loading

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 11:46:38 CEST 2008

On 31/07/2008, at 6:59 PM, Bernhard Fisseni wrote:

> ... or your version of fontspec is too old for the new version of the
> fonts.  Don't you need the CTAN version of fontspec (1.17) for the
> CTAN version of the LM fonts (as the XeTeX SVN version, 1.16, which is
> installed by default if you self-install your XeTeX, is too old)?

Don't ask me why the XeTeX repository only has v1.16 when CTAN has
v1.17. I'm a bit confused myself. I'll have to fix that...

Anyway, no, it's the age of the euenc package that relates to the LM
fonts. If you get euenc from CTAN then you need the latest LM fonts.
But if you're using TeXLive2007, you want the older version of euenc
that's in the SVN repository. As soon as TeXLive2008 is released this
situation will improve.

Will