[XeTeX] English and American quotes

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 16:25:48 CEST 2008

Even more off-topic: according to the census of 2003, Afrikaans is still more widely spoken in South-Africa than English (although Zulu and Xhosa are even more common than Afrikaans). Afrikaans is a descendant of Dutch, and South Africa has 'special ties' to the Nederlandse Taalunie, a governmental group, composed mainly of Dutch and Flemish members, which has the goal of providing unifying rules, grammar and spelling for the several flavors of Dutch in use around the world - and to be honest, I didn't realize 'Dutch' was spoken in so many places around the world as indicated on the Taalunie's map :-)) . As such, I'd guess they use Dutch conventions for quotations :-)).

Cheers,
Wilfred