[XeTeX] Whoever said quotation-marks are unimportant?

Lillie Bennett lillie.bennett at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 04:34:29 CEST 2008

We Americans traditionally used the single quote which is actually
called an apostrophe to show third person possession: This is Lillie's
XeTeX installation. The single next to the 1 on the keyboard, I think,
is called a prime used in math until they put it on the computer
keyboard. Then Donald Knuth and others capitalized on it to select the
attractive typesetting character for lead single & double quotes.

Lillie