[XeTeX] Ancient Greek in Polyglossia

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 15:41:25 CEST 2008

2008/7/21 Apostolos Syropoulos <asyropoulos at yahoo.com>:

>> > One should not need so much trickery. Ancient greek atterns are
>> > already shipped and working in both MikTeX and TeXLive, at least in TL
>> > 2008.
>> >

> This is not "trickery" but the standard method. However, not everybody
> has TeXLive2008 (or whatever it will be called) and so some need to
> manually download files and adjust their system to their own needs.

That's absolutely true - not everyone has the latest distribution.

I only wanted to suggest you to mention on your blog that in recent
distributions ancientgreek is already available as a package. Before
newbies gets scared or start messing up their configuration ...

> No offence, but I do not need a LaTeX/XeLaTeX format file with
> German or Russian hyphenation patterns as I am not using them!

In TL 2008 you only get the languages you request (explicitely
install) with the help of gui. Only the English patterns are included
if you leave all the other checkboxes with languages unselected.

Mojca