[XeTeX] How to fake SmallCaps in Fontspec?

Alexey Kryukov anagnost at yandex.ru
Fri Jul 18 11:42:39 CEST 2008

On Friday 18 July 2008, Max Rabkin wrote:

> Fontforge does the OpenType legwork for you. But if you want decent-
> looking glyphs, that'll need legwork. The diagonals, especially, need
> adjusting.

Have you tried the current CVS version with the diagonal stem control
feature? I have put special efforts to implement DStem support for
fontforge's "Change glyph" (and add small caps, sub/superscripts)
dialog, at now it works reasonably good in my tests. Of course the
resulting glyphs may require some manual work, but at least diagonals
are no longer a problem IMO.

--
Regards,
Alexej Kryukov <anagnost at yandex dot ru>

Moscow State University
Historical Faculty