[XeTeX] Asymptote support xetex engine issue.

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Wed Jul 16 15:35:18 CEST 2008

Am Wed, 16 Jul 2008 19:32:46 +0800 (CST) schrieb liyunhua2004:

> Hi, I am Chinese. I amimg add xetex support for Asymptote, Asymptote
> is a powerful descriptive vector graphics language like Metapost. see
> http://asymptote.sourceforge.net. But it not support xetex engine
> right now, so it can't use Chinese font whitout CJK.

> % asy --help
> -tex engine     TeX engine ("latex|pdflatex|tex|pdftex|none") ["latex"]
>
> I am add xetex support for Asymptote, I have accomplished the major jobs.
> the  asymptote can work fine with xelatex. but found an issue.
>
> I have an eps file name test_0.eps, it is a full circle. the content is:

> And a tex file is test.tex:
> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
> \usepackage{color}
> \usepackage[dvipdfm]{graphics}
> \begin{document}
> \includegraphics{test_0.eps}
> \end{document}
>
> After run xelatex test.tex, I get a part circle, not full circle.

> The EPS file is produced by asympote from the following code.
> size(0,3cm);
> draw(unitcircle,red);
> // draw(unitsquare);
> label("C",(0,0));
>
> run asy -k test.asy, can will get test_0.eps.

Asymptote can output pdf and you should use this output with xelatex.
That's much better than eps. (The eps-output will due to the negative
coordinates never work properly with xelatex, and the compilation is
slower anyway).

Btw: As far as I know the newest version of asymptote comes with a style
that has an option to force pdf-output and which works fine with xetex.
(But I don't know if chinese works too).

--
Ulrike Fischer