[XeTeX] New warning message

Arash Zeini azeini at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 23:00:20 CEST 2008

Dear XeTeXers,

Few days ago, I updated my Debian Unstable and as a result my texlive installation. Since then, I receive a new warning message while building my project:

** WARNING ** This .map file looks like a dvips format fontmap file.
** WARNING ** -- Current input buffer is: aealbattar ae_AlBattar "ArabeyesArabicEncoding ReEncodeFont" <ararabeyes.enc <ae_albattar.pfb
** WARNING ** -- Reading fontmap file stopped at: file="pdftex.map", line=6.

Nothing has changed in my source file and the output seems to be fine. Searches, copy & paste seem to be working too. I wonder what causes this warning message and whether I need to do something.

I am now using: "XeTeXk, Version 3.141592-2.2-0.996-patch2 (Web2C 7.5.6)" and use a plain xelatex command with the filename to build the PDF.

Thanks and regards,
Arash