[XeTeX] updated ICU library in XeTeX - please test

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Jul 15 16:25:35 CEST 2008

On 15 Jul 2008, at 2:34 PM, Yves Codet wrote:

> Le 15 juil. 08 à 10:45, Jonathan Kew a écrit :
>
>> These warnings can be suppressed by using the option -qq (rather than
>> just -q) to xdvipdfmx. Maybe this should be the default that xetex
>> uses?
>
> Personally I would say yes. It is a little annoying to have to scroll
> very many warnings before one can see messages concerning formatting
> issues.

I'm inclined to agree, and have demoted this from a "warning" to a
"message" in xdvipdfmx; that means it will not appear when using the -
q option, as XeTeX does by default.

This change is present in the XeTeX and TeX Live sources, but I don't
know if all binaries will necessarily be rebuilt again before TeX Live
2008 ships.