[XeTeX] Odd error with XeLaTeX and TL2008

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 02:01:33 CEST 2008

On 09/07/2008, at 3:47 AM, Stephen Moye wrote:

> But that raises a question for those who want to remain on the
> bleeding edge by getting the latest build of XeTeX from the svn
> repository -- what is the best way to proceed? Is there anything in
> the old, svn version of the texmf-local/tex/xelatex directory that
> should be kept?

Just to be a little bit specific here: the problem you saw arises from
the fact that TeXLive2008 uses the new versions of the LM fonts
released earlier this year. When their names changed, I updated the
euenc package on CTAN to conform to those new names -- but the SVN
version that goes along with XeTeX had to remain using the *old* names
for everyone still using TeXLive2007.

One of these days, I need to update the XeTeX SVN package to conform
with TeXLive2008. Jonathan et al., when would be the best time for me
to do this?

Will