[XeTeX] Mapping=tex-text and dashes in section titles

"Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐)" danai.sae-han at edpnet.be
Sat Jul 5 17:48:36 CEST 2008

[If you would be so kind to put me in CC with each response, as I'm not
subscribed to this ML.]

Hello!

I'm currently making a document with xCJK (a XeLaTeX extension for the CJK
macro) in which I display several "free" CJK fonts.

I would like to have n- and m-dashes in \section and \subsection titles.  In
Western script that seems quite ugly, but not so much with CJK.

For example:
\subsection{Sazanami Mincho -- さざなみ明朝}
\subsection{UnPilgi -- 은 필기}

"\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}" (in xCJK:
\setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{TeXGyreChorus}) doesn't seem to work for
titles or subtitles, not with the regular "article" or with KOMA's "scrartcl"
document classes.

I'm not sure if this result is in fact a bug or intentional.  Is it possible
to insert n- and m-dashes using resp. "--" and "---"?

Here is a minimal example file for XeLaTeX:

--- start ---

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}

\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
\fontspec{TeXGyreChorus}

\begin{document}

\section{First section -- with an n-dash}

Blabla!

\end{document}

Best regards

--