[XeTeX] caption problem with polyglossia

Mehdi Omidali mehdioa at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 09:02:38 CEST 2008

François Charette <firmicus at ...> writes:

> >> 4- if you say \author{وفا  خلیقی}, it actually prints the name of the
> >> author in opposite direction, I tried \author{\beginR وفا خلیقی\endR}

The problem of author and table caption is realy from the tabular problem in
bidi. in fact, if you write more than one word in a tabular component it is
shown in the opposite direction. If you look at the definition of the maketitle
you see it realy is a tabular environment so the problem is from there. A couple
of months ago I wrote an style file in which I resolved this problem. This style
also resolve some other problems, namely prantesis around an equation problem
and problem with the \numberwithin command. In my experience changing the page
counter is not a good idea because for example makeindex doesn't work anymore.
In this style I borrowed a changing number macro from rlbabel.def to redefine
the \arabic command so that it support many packages. I have included a copy of
my farsixetex.tex style and a compiled version of Vafa's file in which the
problems have been removed, in case this might be helpful.
http://www.omidali.com/vafa.rar