[XeTeX] Fwd: [asymptote - Help] RE: XeLaTeX & inline: picture gets cropped

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Tue Jul 1 16:38:03 CEST 2008

Am Tue, 1 Jul 2008 07:23:11 +0930 schrieb Will Robertson:

>> It looks like xdvipdfmx has a bug in it that mistakenly crops negative
>> Postscript/bounding box coordinates.
>> Maybe somebody can report this bug to the maintainers of xdvipdfmx.

I got one of the problematic eps and can reproduce the problem with
latex+dvipdfmx and xelatex+xdvipdfmx (versions from miktex 2.7): the
left side of the eps is lost in the pdf. The fbox itself has the correct
size.

Its bounding box is:
%%BoundingBox: -82 -35 82 69

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\begin{document}
\fbox{\includegraphics{essaiasy.eps}}
\end{document}

I'm not quite sure if I can attach the eps, so here also a link to the
file:
http://math.mad.free.fr/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/essaiasy_1_0.eps

(you will have to rename it, or change the name in the document)
--
Ulrike Fischer