[XeTeX] Fontspec /XeTex broken in OpenSuse 10.3 ???

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Jul 1 11:41:15 CEST 2008

On 30 Jun 2008, at 7:51 pm, Sebastian wrote:

> Hi.
> I found strange problem
>
> when I use xelatex on code:
> \documentclas[a4paper,12pt]{article}
>
> \begin{document}
> this is xelatex test
> \end{document}
>
> everything is ok.
> But when I add in preamble \usepackage{fontspec}
> I got memory protection violation error..
>
> What is going on?

We'd have to see more details to have any chance of guessing.

What kind of hardware are you using: i386? x86_64?

What TeX distribution are you using: standard TeX Live (2007? 2008-
prerelease?), packages from a SuSE repository, or something else?

Specific version numbers would be useful (try "xetex --version" and
"xdvipdfmx -h").

Then run "xelatex -no-pdf FILENAME.tex" followed by "xdvipdfmx
FILENAME.xdv" (if the first command succeeds), to establish which
process is crashing.