[XeTeX] Thesis/Report class in XeTeX

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Jul 1 10:48:35 CEST 2008

Am 30.06.2008 um 18:19 schrieb Gilles Lemagnen:

> For example, i can not specify \chapter{Introduction}  in a .tex
> file...

Can it be that a book consists of chapters and an article of
sections? I.e., when you use the LaTeX base classes letter or
article, then you can't have chapters, which exist in reports and
books. And there can also be parts ...

It might help to look into the documentation provided in /usr/local/
texlive/2007/texmf-dist/doc/latex/base. There you'll find
usrguide.pdf – without giving the explanation I gave. Books (Lamport,
Kopka, ...) can give more insight. /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-doc/
doc/english/guide-to-latex/ might be of use. Or /usr/local/texlive/
2007/texmf-doc/doc/english/lshort-english/lshort.pdf. /usr/local/
texlive/2007/texmf-dist/doc/latex/gatech-thesis/julesverne/basic/
jules-verne.pdf describes classes for a thesis.

--
Greetings

   Pete

A morning without coffee is like something without something else.