[XeTeX] From LaTeX to XeLaTeX

Charles de Miramon cmiramon at kde-france.org
Thu Jan 31 15:23:49 CET 2008

Will Robertson wrote:

>; babel works so
> some extent -- I haven't done much testing but fontspec tries to do
> the right thing for the languages that try to change the font encoding.

Last week, I tried to convert a big French LaTeX article to XeTeX and I had
problems with the French quotes « ». In French typography, there should be
an unbreakable space between the quote and the first letter inside. Even
with the latest version of frenchb it did not work.

I was on a deadline and could not investigate further. Manuel, if you could
test that feature and report and the list, it would be nice.

Cheers,
Charles
--
http://www.kde-france.org