[XeTeX] [OT?] "Optimized" PDFs?

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 16 08:49:46 CET 2008

Hello

I don't know if this is a related problem, but I'm having trouble finding a
drawing package that works smoothly with XeTeX (not XeLaTeX).  The attached
is the sample from the start of the Fig4TeX manual, which shows a gap in the
triangle in every viewer I have (Acrobat 7, Acrobat Reader 8, PDF Converter
Prof. 3, PcTeX 5), EXCEPT Sumatra, which shows it perfectly.  But for the
purposes of passing a file on to a publisher for printing, I really need
something that works properly in Acrobat.

Some time ago, when I tried out PSTricks with XeTeX, I got a similar result,
with some but not all lines showing up (Akira couldn't reproduce this
fault - my PSTricks code worked in his installation), but this was before I
had Sumatra so I don't know if the defective display would have been correct
in Sumatra.

The attached file is not optimized according to pdfinfo - I've no idea if
that has a bearing on this.  But clearly all the information is there
somewhere, since Sumatra shows the complete triangle.

Best

John