[XeTeX] chess fonts with xelatex

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jan 14 15:16:11 CET 2008

Am 14.01.2008 um 10:23 schrieb Ulrike Fischer:

>>    \setchessfont[Mapping=mychess]{My Special Chess Font}
>>
>> just like fontspec's \setmainfont, etc.?
>
> That's perhaps possible. I will have to think about it. Is there
> somewhere a document which describes how this Mapping is defined and
> activated so that I can make some tests?

This mapping is done via a file <name>.tec. The standard file used is
tex-text.tec, and it's binary when compiled. The readable file is for
example /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/fonts/misc/xetex/
fontmapping/tex-text.map. The contents is described in
TECkit_Language_2.1.doc.pdf, available only in XeTeX source.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
				– George W. Bush