[XeTeX] chess fonts with xelatex

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Mon Jan 14 12:27:14 CET 2008

Am Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:27:39 +0100 schrieb François Charette:

I have problems to read and answer to your postings. You seem to use
an unusual quoting char or an encoding that my newsreader  doesn't
recognize (I'm reading through news.gmane). There are no linebreaks
in your posting if I read them and (as you can see) one level of
quoting chars are now missing. Other (but not all) postings in this
group show the same effect. I don't know what's going on here.

> Ulrike Fischer a écrit :
> Am Sun, 13 Jan 2008 19:35:45 +0000 schrieb Jonathan Kew:
>

>>    \setchessfont[Mapping=mychess]{My Special Chess Font}
>>
>> just like fontspec's \setmainfont, etc.?
>>

> That's perhaps possible. I will have to think about it. Is there
> somewhere a document which describes how this Mapping is defined and
> activated so that I can make some tests?

Francois:
The syntax of the map file is quite simple. Look for example at
tex-text.map under
http://scripts.sil.org/svn-view/xetex/TRUNK/texmf/fonts/misc/xetex/fontmapping/

Me:
tex-text shows only mappings with unicode-numbers. But I will have
to deal positions or non-standard glyph names. But I did find the
documentation of the language so I think I will be able to figure it
out.

Francois:
This map file is then compiled to *.tec format using
teckit_compile <mapfile>
I don't know whether this utility comes with MikTeX, but you can get
it from
http://scripts.sil.org/TECkit

Me:
It is not part of miktex but I found it.

--
Ulrike Fischer