[XeTeX] chess fonts with xelatex

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Mon Jan 14 11:27:39 CET 2008

Ulrike Fischer a écrit :
> Am Sun, 13 Jan 2008 19:35:45 +0000 schrieb Jonathan Kew:
>

>>    \setchessfont[Mapping=mychess]{My Special Chess Font}
>>
>> just like fontspec's \setmainfont, etc.?
>>

> That's perhaps possible. I will have to think about it. Is there
> somewhere a document which describes how this Mapping is defined and
> activated so that I can make some tests?

The syntax of the map file is quite simple. Look for example at
tex-text.map under
http://scripts.sil.org/svn-view/xetex/TRUNK/texmf/fonts/misc/xetex/fontmapping/
This map file is then compiled to *.tec format using
teckit_compile <mapfile>
I don't know whether this utility comes with MikTeX, but you can get it
from
http://scripts.sil.org/TECkit

In order to be loaded by xetex the resulting .tec file must be placed under
.../fonts/misc/xetex/fontmapping/

François