[XeTeX] Opentype fonts with vrt2 + linux

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Jan 14 09:14:53 CET 2008

On 14 Jan 2008, at 2:18 am, Wilfred van Rooijen wrote:

> Yeah it's the same as earlier, but for completeness,
> here is the PDF.

Very strange!

For comparison, here is what I get using the following version of
your test file:

%%%%%%%%%%
\documentclass[]{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{xunicode}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage{graphicx}

\begin{document}

\fontspec[Mapping=tex-text,Script=CJK]{Kozuka Mincho Pro-VI}

% macro hacking to read the chars represented as HTML entities
\catcode`\&=\active
\catcode`\#=12
\def&#{\char}
\catcode`\;=\active
\def;{\relax}

This is English.
これは日本語です。

\fontspec[Mapping=tex-text,Vertical=RotatedGlyphs,Script=CJK]{Kozuka
Mincho Pro-VI}

\rotatebox{-90}{This is English.
これは日本語です。
}

\end{document}

(I just added stuff to read the HTML entities as that's how the
Japanese chars came through in email, but that's irrelevant.)

Running this with current SVN versions of xetex/xdvipdfmx, I get the
attached PDF: