[XeTeX] Opentype fonts with vrt2 + linux

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Jan 13 10:55:01 CET 2008

On 13 Jan 2008, at 12:11 am, Wilfred van Rooijen wrote:

> rooijen at love206a-rooijen ~/Xelatex/Japanese $ xelatex
> -version
> XeTeX 3.141592-0.996 (Web2C 7.5.6)
> kpathsea version 3.5.6
> Copyright 2007 SIL International.
> Kpathsea is copyright 2007 Karl Berry and Olaf Weber.
> There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software
> is
> covered by the terms of both the XeTeX copyright and
> the Lesser GNU General Public License.
> For more information about these matters, see the file
> named COPYING and the XeTeX source.
> Primary author of XeTeX: Jonathan Kew.
> Kpathsea written by Karl Berry, Olaf Weber, and
> others.
>
> Compiled with ICU version 3.4 [with modifications for
> XeTeX]
> Compiled with zlib version 1.2.3; using 1.2.3
> Compiled with FreeType2 version 2.2.1; using 2.2.1
> Compiled with fontconfig version 2.2.1; using 2.4.2
> Compiled with libpng version 1.2.15; using 1.2.15
> Compiled with xpdf version 3.01

Any chance you can update FreeType to a more current version? It
looks like there's a 2.3.5 package available for Gentoo: <http://
packages.gentoo.org/package/media-libs/freetype>. I remember there
have been bugs in earlier versions relating to vertical metrics; that
might be causing trouble for you.