[XeTeX] Opentype fonts with vrt2 + linux

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Sat Jan 12 20:50:04 CET 2008

>                   I have been looking on the internet
> for an opentype font with vrt2 and CJK but to no avail
> at the moment.

  I already told you: Adobe Japanese Font Pack (a plugin for Adobe
Reader, http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/acrrasianfontpack.html)
contains two Japanese OpenType fonts, KozMinProVI-Regular.otf and
KozGoProVI-Medium.otf, with a lot of features, including

	vert    Vertical Writing
	vhal    Alternate Vertical Half Metrics
	vkna    Vertical Kana Alternates
	vkrn    Vertical Kerning
	vpal    Proportional Alternate Vertical Metrics
	vrt2    Vertical Alternates and Rotation

as otfinfo reports.

  They're available for free download from Adobe, but they're of course
no free software.  Nevertheless, I think it's perfectively fair to use
them with XeTeX; so, even if you may not send them directly to Taco for
processing, you and he may still use them for editing MAPS.

	Arthur