[XeTeX] XeTeX + fontspec + sazanami = no output (?)

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 01:38:51 CET 2008

Hello all,

I made a mistake apparently. I had 'a' sazanami
installed in $HOME/.fonts, which gave the error:

rooijen at love206a-rooijen ~/Xelatex/Japanese $
xdvipdfmx -E -vv xelatex_japans
DVI Comment:  XeTeX output 2008.01.11:1929
xelatex_japans.xdv -> xelatex_japans.pdf
<AGL:texglyphlist.txt>[1<Sazanami Mincho
Regular(Sazanami Mincho: Regular)@9.96pt
** ERROR ** Cannot proceed without the "native" font:
Sazanami Mincho Regular (Sazanami Mincho  Regular)...

Output file removed.

So I emerged the sazanami font system wide:

love206a-rooijen ~ # emerge -v sazanami

and now it runs perfectly fine. I may have downloaded
a strange version of sazanami, I don't know.

Bye,
Wilfred