[XeTeX] Fontspec question

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 21:57:37 CET 2008

On 09/01/2008, at 4:51 AM, David Denton wrote:

> \usepackage[EU1]{fontenc}
> %\usepackage{lmodern}
>  \usepackage{fontspec}
> \setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{LMRoman12}
>
> Above is a portion of my preamble.

All of the above lines except for \usepackage{fontspec} are
unnecessary. But see below to fix your Mapping problem.

> When I comment out \setmainfont, of course I do not
> get the mapping of the quotes and dashes.

This is probably my fault. I haven't released the latest version of
euenc on CTAN yet (it must have slipped my mind). It is in the XeTeX
SVN repository, however.

In the meantime, you can replace your copy of the eu1 Latin Modern
font definitions. Find where the attached files are in your texmf
tree and replace them...this should fix everything up.

Hope this helps,
Will