[XeTeX] XeTeX error, no PDF

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at mac.com
Tue Jan 1 18:26:14 CET 2008

On Jan 1, 2008, at 11:53 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On 1 Jan 2008, at 1:58 pm, Stephen Moye wrote:
>
>> On Jan 1, 2008, at 5:38 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>>
>>> xdvipdfmx -E -vv Hanover-new.xdv
>>
>> Below is the output from the commands that you provided. I was
>> puzzled
>> by the line:
>>
>> 	** ERROR ** Only RGB/CMYK/Gray currently supported.
>>
>> because I have never used anything else except RGB/CMYK/Gray. Odd.
>
> This is coming from some kind of color-related \special command that
> the driver is not understanding correctly. If you can't see what's
> wrong with your \specials (perhaps they're not even in your code, but
> coming from some macro package), then please send me a complete (but
> minimal) example that shows this problem, and I'll try to figure out
> what's broken.

That's the odd thing. This is a plain TeX project, and the only
\special-s are:

	\def\dogray{\special{color gray .6}}
	\def\undogray{\special{color gray 0}}

Odder, is that some files compile perfectly (using 0.997/xdvipdfmx)
while others do not.

Originally, I had \relax in the commands:

	\def\dogray{\special{color gray .6\relax}}
	\def\undogray{\special{color gray 0\relax}}

but have since removed them. The problem persists -- most files
typeset, while a handful do not.

Stephen Moye