[XeTeX] Preview package with XeLaTeX

Easter Sunshine eastersunshine at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 29 00:33:25 CET 2008

> The first paragraph of the documentation for
> preview.sty states:
>
> <quote>
> This works with DVI files postprocessed by either
> Dvips and
> Ghostscript or dvipng, but it also works
> when you are using PDFTEX for generating PDF files
> (usually also
> postprocessed by Ghostscript).
> </quote>
>
> Note that it does *not* have any support for
> dvipdfm(x)-based output.

Sorry, I wasn't too familiar with the internal formats
and the differences between dvi and xdv, but I figured
it was lack of support from the preview package's
side.

> Attached is a version of your file that pretends to
> be running with pdftex,...

Thanks, this is working exactly as desired. I will use
this for now as I am not running into any problems
with other packages (yet).

> I was trying to use preview.sty with XeLaTeX to make

> some TikZ figures with Myriad Pro, but as Easter I
> wasn't lucky.

Coincidentally, I was doing the exact same thing. I
was generating TiKZ graphs with dot2tex python script
for inclusion in a larger document using Myriad Pro,
but because of the inconsistency in font, I wanted to
have the graphs in Myriad Pro as well.

-Easter Sunshine