[XeTeX] Sigla for handscripts

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Wed Feb 27 12:34:33 CET 2008

Am Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:18:20 +0100 schrieb Benjamin Koppe:

> Hallo,
> thanks to your help I'm getting into xelatex quite easily. Thanks so
> far. But now I came across another problem. Back in the old times I
> could use some symbols for the sigla of certain handwritings.
>
> Like you have the greek majority text of the new testament, and in the
> literature it is referred to as simply M, but an M in a fractal
> script. I usualy got it by writing \textfrak{M}. I have the same
> problem with \textswab{G} which I used for the greek handwriting of
> the old testament.
>
> In old Latex those sigla were easily accesible, althought I guess I
> didn't use the cleanest approach... now I ony get the letters in a
> quite normal latin style... I guess it's the same font I set with
> \setsansfont{}...
>
> Any ieas hw to get the old sigla back?

Make a complete minimal example that demonstrates your problem. It would
be also a good idea if you said what application is giving the " font
yfrak (yfrak-Regular: file 'yfrak.pfb') not found" messages.  As you say
you can use your font with LaTeX: Make also a latex example and sent it
together with the log of the pdflatex run (pdf!!).

--
Ulrike Fischer